- The most important thing is for Arthur to have the right tunes for the person with the cognitive challenges. He has a very large memory which can typically hold 1500-2000 tunes, but this is far more than most people need.
- Arthur has very tactile fur made from 'terry cloth'. This is soft cotton-based material, and has proven to be the favourite texture. Also to be extra safe, Arthur's eyes are embroidered, not buttons.
To make Arthur that bit more cosy, he's put some extra weight on around his hips so he can sit more comfortably and feel like a bear of substance.
- Loading tunes is easy and just needs some simple steps to be followed:
1) Open the Velcro on Arthur's back and gently pull out the black box to gain easier access
2) Plug in the USB cable provided. One end into Arthur, the other into your computer
3) Squeeze Arthur's left paw (The 'paws button') and the file system should pop-up on your computer
4) You can now 'drag and drop' or 'cut and paste' your chosen tunes
5) Finally, squeeze Arthur's left paw again, disconnect the cable, put the box back and close the poppers.
- Simple Music Players have an Apple-compatible USB interface. It can handle the .m4a file format directly from iTunes (Please note that it is not an Apple device so it cannot play 'Apple protected' .m4p downloads).
- I haven't got files in MP3 format. What do I do?
MP3 is a generic term for this type of player; the Simple Music Player can handle several popular file formats listed below:
.mp3 "MP3 format sound"
.m4a "MPEG4 Audio"
.wma "Windows Media Audio"
.aac "ADTS Audio"
.wav "WAVE sound"
Many free file converters can be downloaded from the internet which convert your music into MP3 format. Don’t be too concerned about which version of MP3 file you have, the Simple Music Player handles them all. However, for best results convert you files into mono and choose a higher bit rate (greater than 128kbs).
- Arthur is Light Brown/Beige, weighs 1kg, and 38cm (Ear to Toe), 36cm (Paw to Paw), 13cm (Tum to Tail)
Read more ...